Alright... I’m going to fess up.
I watch Fox News.
I don’t know why I watch it because every time I spend more than 15 minutes or so watching the channel I find myself getting really angry. I mean, I realize they go on and on about ‘Fair and Balanced’ but that’s sounds like something Josef Goebbels could have come up with and is so far from the truth that the irony of it is almost painful.
Actually, I have a few people in my orbit who I care about who watch Fox News with zeal and as a result it opens the up to a certain amount of teasing... so when Hurricane Joaquin made its way up the coast and we had rain last weekend, the dialogue with them went something like this:
Because really when you get right down to it, everything is Obama’s fault. I even said to one that if the President figured out a way tomorrow to clear the national debt, give the nation full employment, free healthcare and put $10,000 in every American’s pocket to boot, Fox News would be going on and on about how it was a huge problem that the American public didn’t know where to spend this money and how the President screwed up.
Anyway, I’m the one usually flipping between channels to see what each of the news networks is covering and what their slants are. If you really want to get yourself up in arms, try Al Jazeera America or NewsMax – you think Fox News is bad?
Ah, but I digress.
Anyway, I watch with fascination the parade of people Fox news trots out all day long - it’s a bit of a tennis match bouncing back and forth between the corpulent or stone faced older white guys and the blondes. I guess this is Fox News magic formula to appeal to their demographic.
There are some associations that come to mind every time I see certain people on Fox News. I don’t know why my mind if making the leap, I just know it makes watching Fox News when I do watch it a little less stressful to watch and maybe by sharing it will make it less stressful for you as well or make you laugh at the way they are so over the top.
If you take Fox News seriously there is nothing to do but get mad but if you watch it as some kind of performance piece it becomes hilarious...
I still watch Fox news from time to time but I find myself succumbing to the urges of Iraqi journalists
and wanting to throw a shoe at my TV.
Ted Cruz talked about New York values recently... to take a line from Al Goldstein, ‘Ted Cruz,
Fuck You!’
If we talk about a liberal media, where is it we find Shaun Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Brett Baier, Mark Levin, Megyn Kelly and a host of others? Or the NY Post and the Wall Street Journal? These are the ‘liberal’ media?
This is one of the big fallacies foisted upon the American public, the thought that the media is so totally controlled by one extreme or the other.
Yes there are places like the New York Times or NPR or MSNBC but they all have counters in the media universe.
It’s just this idea that somehow the conservative agenda is the subject of victimization which in the process makes their message more palatable - get over it! Stand behind your convictions and your words! Start to approach the world in a fashion that is assertive.
Probably the biggest appeal Donald Trump has to Republicans and Americans overall is that he takes a position and stands behind it. He doesn’t apologize and when confronted about something if anything he pushes back even harder. A lot of people like that.
Flip side, stop blaming the current President for shit that isn’t his fault. Recognize the areas where he has done a good job. Stop making this a zero sum game. You know, out nation isn’t so much a nation of extremes as much as it is about a nation of those people in the middle. People will find it a lot easier to embrace someone’s message if they don’t make out their opponent to be... well, the only thing I could think of immediately was a Sith Lord.
I don’t even know why I waste my time on this crap anyway, no one reads it.
I watch Fox News.
I don’t know why I watch it because every time I spend more than 15 minutes or so watching the channel I find myself getting really angry. I mean, I realize they go on and on about ‘Fair and Balanced’ but that’s sounds like something Josef Goebbels could have come up with and is so far from the truth that the irony of it is almost painful.
Actually, I have a few people in my orbit who I care about who watch Fox News with zeal and as a result it opens the up to a certain amount of teasing... so when Hurricane Joaquin made its way up the coast and we had rain last weekend, the dialogue with them went something like this:
“Saw that hurricane last weekend”
“Yeah, really ruined the weekend! Saturday was so cold, rainy and dreary.”
“I know... Obama’s fault.”
Because really when you get right down to it, everything is Obama’s fault. I even said to one that if the President figured out a way tomorrow to clear the national debt, give the nation full employment, free healthcare and put $10,000 in every American’s pocket to boot, Fox News would be going on and on about how it was a huge problem that the American public didn’t know where to spend this money and how the President screwed up.
Anyway, I’m the one usually flipping between channels to see what each of the news networks is covering and what their slants are. If you really want to get yourself up in arms, try Al Jazeera America or NewsMax – you think Fox News is bad?
Ah, but I digress.
Anyway, I watch with fascination the parade of people Fox news trots out all day long - it’s a bit of a tennis match bouncing back and forth between the corpulent or stone faced older white guys and the blondes. I guess this is Fox News magic formula to appeal to their demographic.
There are some associations that come to mind every time I see certain people on Fox News. I don’t know why my mind if making the leap, I just know it makes watching Fox News when I do watch it a little less stressful to watch and maybe by sharing it will make it less stressful for you as well or make you laugh at the way they are so over the top.
If you take Fox News seriously there is nothing to do but get mad but if you watch it as some kind of performance piece it becomes hilarious...
* * * * * * *
I started that entry above so very long ago... maybe two years or more.I still watch Fox news from time to time but I find myself succumbing to the urges of Iraqi journalists
and wanting to throw a shoe at my TV.
Ted Cruz talked about New York values recently... to take a line from Al Goldstein, ‘Ted Cruz,
Fuck You!’
If we talk about a liberal media, where is it we find Shaun Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Brett Baier, Mark Levin, Megyn Kelly and a host of others? Or the NY Post and the Wall Street Journal? These are the ‘liberal’ media?
This is one of the big fallacies foisted upon the American public, the thought that the media is so totally controlled by one extreme or the other.
Yes there are places like the New York Times or NPR or MSNBC but they all have counters in the media universe.
It’s just this idea that somehow the conservative agenda is the subject of victimization which in the process makes their message more palatable - get over it! Stand behind your convictions and your words! Start to approach the world in a fashion that is assertive.
Probably the biggest appeal Donald Trump has to Republicans and Americans overall is that he takes a position and stands behind it. He doesn’t apologize and when confronted about something if anything he pushes back even harder. A lot of people like that.
Flip side, stop blaming the current President for shit that isn’t his fault. Recognize the areas where he has done a good job. Stop making this a zero sum game. You know, out nation isn’t so much a nation of extremes as much as it is about a nation of those people in the middle. People will find it a lot easier to embrace someone’s message if they don’t make out their opponent to be... well, the only thing I could think of immediately was a Sith Lord.
I don’t even know why I waste my time on this crap anyway, no one reads it.
No comments:
Post a Comment